View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 07:30 PM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
Brought to me by the Teamsters? No, it was inhibited by a conflict of interest involving Atlas. 1224 is Atlas, controlled by Atlas or however you want to put it. Interestingly, the Allegiant contract did not conflict with Atlas goals and it was supported by 1224. Kalitta and now Omni negotiations goals conflict with Atlas. 1224 (Atlas) is (has) stopping (stopped), a TA from moving forward claiming that it is lowering the bar?

How many ways do I have state the problem? 1224 (Atlas) is aware of the problem and yet makes no effort to even discuss this problem. Even in the shadow of a decertification vote? You don’t see the problem?
An argument that a few K4 pilot persist in spreading because they were impatient and afraid of a strike. Maybe they are senior and are feeling the pinch prior to retirement. Now they have convinced a few others that their word is gospel.

What on earth do you think a union should provide if not coordination between carriers who are in danger of being pitted against each other?? Should a union support their carriers undercutting each other? Would you support another ACMI carrier signing a contract with lower pay scales and cheaper work rules than you have? Don't you think customers would flock to this other cheaper carrier? Don't you think your more expensive carrier would suffer? Do you simply not understand the concept of unity among pilot groups? Have you never heard of airlines being whipsawed against each other?

I could understand you being upset if Teamsters wanted to shove a subpar contract down your throat, but they were fighting for better work rules for you. Not worse.

And FYI, Atlas and Southern pilots are fighting for each other AND for ABX pilots. That is what union unity is like.