View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 11:01 AM
jhugz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by catching waves View Post
And another day has gone by, with no answer regarding my post. Why do you all care whether K4 stays or goes? As some of you clearly point out how abysmal the working conditions are at some teamster represented companies, shouldn’t your energies be focused on fixing your messed up house instead of stirring up ours? Seriously, let it go. Go on with you life. Enough is enough. All your doing now is screaming into the face of the winds of change.
I care, because I work here, and don't want to choose between being a scab or losing my job next time 1224 strikes. I also care because Teamsters landed us an industry leading contract along with winning us a major duty time arbitration.

They care because they view this as bigger then two pilot groups in a dong measuring contest, just as I do. This isn't Kalitta vs. Atlas. This is ACMI pilots vs. ACMI management. Have you seriously not payed any attention to the ABX/ATI whipsaw? Because if you have any idea of what's going on over there, how can you support this? How can anyone support this? You really want to fuel that race to the bottom?

I'm so tired of hearing about the contract not being put out to vote. If you seriously believe that the couple months of lost wages is more important then a huge QoL/Schedule increase then I don't know what to tell you. Doing a 26 hour duty day and not having to airline at the end of it turning it into a 30 hour duty day is amazing. I just did the same pairing, exact scenario before and after the arbitration. Hitting the hotel room instead of cramming into the back of a 73 is pretty sweet. Thanks Teamsters!

If this contract went out to vote without the duty time limitations it would have passed. We'd have the same contract but be operating under worse duty rules. I'd say Teamsters and 1224 protected us from ourselves.

If you want to play the whole K4 against the world game...great...I think our contractual gains will be worse then sticking together as an ACMI community...

I would rather work together, avoid the whipsaw, and continuously improve this segment of the industry together with Teamsters and 1224.

They're not perfect, but they're a whole lot better then the alternative.