View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 04:37 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
Can’t you be a sim instructor beyond age 65?
I am willing to have an open mind going into this, and set aside the experience I had with ALPA at a regional, but only if all the emotion is cut out, and only the facts are presented. I know ALPA can’t publicly offer us support until the teamsters are de-certified, but how do we know they will take us? Is there a reason for them not to? What if they don’t? Have there been assurances that they would take us? Is this even a valid concern to have?
Not at Kalitta Air. I am not rich by any stretch, but I am financially secure, with no debt and multiple small sources of income. The only way I would work past 65 would be as a pilot at Kalitta. I am not a huge fan of being an instructor, but I made a commitment to stay in the school house until November. I really miss flying, seeing the world and hanging around with the Kalitta Family. (Yes, I know how corny that reads). After November, I will fly full time until I have to retire. If they raise the age I would stay until 67 mostly out of the love of the job. However, making an extra 600k would be a nice thing also��

Answering the other question. It is not a valid concern to me.