Thread: PSA info
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Hardcharger
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by chrisreedrules View Post
So you can take this for whatever you want... It’s just my opinion. A few months back I thought the new base was for sure going to be PHL.

Then I heard we were opening a Mx base in ORF...

Then I realized we would be doing “at least” 3 originators out of ORF daily starting this spring. My “gut feeling” is starting to do that thing it does...

And just recently after hearing our DO say that hub bases are not what we are looking at for now for a few reasons that don’t make a whole lot of sense to me I am truthfully beginning to think that ORF will be the new crew base.

They don’t want PSA and Piedmont competing directly for new hires in Philly. Piedmont isn’t going to “win” that battle, especially with our flow increasing. ORF is in about as good a position as it can be to support DCA and PHL ops and is still a short flight to CLT. Just my .02, but I think the writing is on the wall. ORF crew base.
If what you're saying is true, it'd sure be nice for the same thing to happen in SAV since we're opening a maintenance base there. That'd make it very nice living in Charlie South and able to drive to Savannah instead of commuting to CLT.