Thread: Piedmont?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 01:51 PM
mbaroni
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Default Pdt

I don’t know on the Turbo Jet versus Turbo Prop. But, it seems like we have pilots from PDT going to places like Southwest and Cathay without TJ. If you want to go to FedEx or UPS it might be a different story. Depends on where you want to go after PDT. Guy that went to Cathay wasn’t even a captain, and we’ve had several go to SW, so it wasn’t a one time deal.

Upgrade right now is just over six years. It won’t go down much unless we start losing pilots to US Airways. If 100 pilots go to US Airways in 2008 like PDT management says the upgrade will drop to three years, maybe lower. BUT, you can’t believe much of what they say.

Whether PDT will continue to park the fleet, I don’t know. It’s too hard to tell if management is lying to us or not. US Airways and PDT tell us they are going to buy replacement turbo props (either Q-400 or ATR), but again that’s if you believe what they are saying. Even if they order planes they say 18 months until we see them. Piedmont has parked airplanes because of lack of first officers, and I don’t see that stopping anytime soon. If PDT can’t get pilots I don’t see how they would get new aircraft.

Reserve is 10 days off a month. You’ll have 6 straight days of reserve followed by 2 days off and so on for the entire month. You will however have one stretch of 4 days off per month. Scheduling can’t change those 4 days, but they can change any other day off you have. So, any day you have off other than those 4 could be taken away from you at any point.