View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 05:36 AM
Rosebud10
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by aviatorhi View Post
There also seems to be a complete misunderstanding of what a lot of us folks at OAE are trying to say.

1) "Atlas" means DW.

2) Noone is anti-union they are anti-higher-ups meddling for their eventual benefit.

3) Noone wants to implement the company proposal. We want to see what the contract would look like with "plugging in" the current proposed offer. And being able to make a choice from that point.

4) The bullet points the company provided are the entire list (to the best of our knowledge) of the gains the NC has made. Due to the nature of our negotiation (as far as we know) not all sections of the co tract were opened. The ones that were are addressed in the bullet points and the rest would remain the same.

If the above is and/or holds true then I believe a significant or majority portion of the membership would be amenable to working under that framework provided strong language locks it in.

As said before the "non-answer answers" at the conference and the obvious meddling regarding duty days is not beneficial in the long run to a lot of us (to point: Atlas and Kalitta guys hit the road on day 1 (or earlier) and return home on the last day; meanwhile I worked all of 15 days on the road in November and December, though I was obligated to be on LCAL on many of the "home" days).

This entire process is supposed to be about finding a balance of rules and compensation that is commensurate with the current industry environment and acceptable to both parties. Not to serve as a jumping off point for another groups later negotiation.
Aviator again you hit it perfect. Your earlier post has helped in contact being made with a Local that will get us away from the BS at the 1224 and move things along for the Pilot group at OMNI.