View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 08:17 AM
loganeich
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: TBD
Default March to 1500, keep your head up!

Yesterday, after logging 7 hours at my part time pipe line job, was sort of discouraged that the total in my logbook was just 677. So, that is 7 hours with no autopilot, at 800 feet, in class B, above swamps/ocean, and a steep turn about every 5 minutes. I seem to be working really hard towards my goal, but 1500 is a lot of long hours. A friend of mine had a good thought, that my last hundred hours came much quicker than my first hundred hours. By the time I get a thousand, the last 500 will seem like a breeze. At 3000, people probably stop counting except round numbers.

I set a two year goal to get 1500, which is only about 8 hours a week while working full time on my engineering job and letting my daughter get a little older. Plan is to finish my CFI up since I have already taken the written test. Then on average; fly my plane 2-3 hours a week, fly pipeline 3, and CFI 2 hours. Moving isn't really in the cards since we own a business in town, and would not be surprised if it turned into 3 years.

I know lots of other people are in the same boat on this board, but keep your head up and keep pushing towards your goal. No special rules, everyone builds time one hour at a time.