Thread: 0 time to FO?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 11:00 AM
barabek
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by Salukidawg View Post
Absolutely. As a former COEX/XJT’er I agree. I only mentioned ExpressJet because WN hires a lot from ExpressJet and the OP asked which Regionals WN likes to hire from. I agree that the upgrade is probably a lot longer than some of the other options out there though. Thanks for clarifying that.
I agree, and I am myself an ex-XJT guy at SWA. There are a lot of us here. The question is how many FOs with no TPIC from XJT got hired here. I don't have the statistics, but I'm ready to guess: probably 0. If you go to XJT today, you're gonna sit reserve as an FO for years, and you'll probably never see the left seat before the airline is shut down. Also, the reason why there are so many XJT guys hired is mostly based on numbers. It's a big pilot group hence the high numbers. The same can be told about Skywest and Republic. On top of that, XJT pilots are fully aware of the future of their airline, what makes them extra motivated to seek other employment. Also, there are pilots from all regionals hired here and I don't think Southwest prefers any specific regional. I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were equal considering the size of each pilot group. As I said, I have no data to prove it, just my opinion. I'd be interested myself. Maybe there's someone with the numbers to share...