Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 05:34 AM
ecam
Banned

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by AligatorAviator View Post
Looking for some advice. Allegiant is my number one pick of places I'd like to work. Currently flying for a regional and just about to hit one year there. Trying to figure out what will give me a better chance of being called/hired by Allegiant.

I'm not sure if I should stay at my regional, upgrade and get TPIC or go somewhere like spirit or frontier and get an airbus type and experience. Which would would look better on the resume?

Any input would be appreciated.
Alexander nailed it.

Do you meet the published minimums? My suggestion would be to get there as quickly as possible. That would probably mean flying your butt off then upgrading ASAP at your current regional. Don't apply until you meet the published minimums!

As said before, we probably will run some classes out of the pool later this year, and may resume limited hiring in the fall. Unless something drastic changes, back to normal hiring next year. So you have some time to get your ducks in a row. In the meantime, as said, research the company, understand our unique business model, and the company values. They like to hear key words in the video interview ('Why Allegiant"?). If you pass that, the interview in Vegas is mostly a formality to verify everything you've sent and get to know you. Good luck.