View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:07 PM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
I hope it works out that way.

My concerns are with R.O. and the other scheduling provisions. That stuff is actually far worse. If the trip goes to hell, so will your off days.

Plus, the company is VERY creative in the way they avoid paying for any kind of soft time. I submit for you-all nighters. With this contract, those were supposed to pay well. When's the last time you actually saw any?

the company will just figure out some way to turn these damned things into crap 4 or 5 days, and when RO kicks in, we will be at min days off. Yeah. Super QOL improvements.
These are all your opinions and that’s fine, I respect them... but I think you are falling for a lot of the FUD spreading by the CLT and PHL reps.

Couple of things.

1) We’ve always had RO since the JCBA and very little of that will change, with the exception of it going to electorinic notifications (a plus, since it won’t allow them to interpret it how they see fit, it’ll go by the book)

2) Delta, United also have their own forms of RO. It is a legacy airline industry standard. You guys at LUS were lucky not to have any.

Bottom line, in my opinion.. we will have very little negative impact in exchange for A LOT of positive impact.

And two less big items to have to bargain for in S6 openers.