View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 07:51 PM
NYC Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2016
Position: A350 CA

Originally Posted by Half wing View Post
Typhoon and captjns are European pilots who support NAI, WOW, Ryan Air and the ME3. Pretty much all they do is hate on the US airlines. I just figure they are jealous of US pilot’s superior flying skills, higher pay, better benefits and more time off.
Typhoon and Captjns are American pilots who have worked here and overseas. I think they see the picture a little more clearly than those of you who have never left the United States. The U.S carriers just recently started making money and investing in new aircraft. Not too long ago, they were not the best product either and the salaries sucked. It's funny how pilots here are fed garbage and refuse to see the perspective from a global viewpoint. There are 22 year old 777 FO's and 30 year old 777 Captains flying for flag carriers around the world so by all means this career is not rocket science. Also, for those of you who think U.S legacy pilots are the best paid, look at what Lufthansa, Air France and KLM pay their pilots. They even have six figure annual pension payments waiting for them post retirement. So please, just save it. Just be glad that times are good in the U.S airline business right now and enjoy the ride but to think this is as good as it gets, I laugh at that..