View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 05:07 AM
Flyer76
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by ecam View Post
From my friends who do interviews here and at other airlines, our interview process is very different from most other airlines. We don't have an HR intensive interview with many situational questions. That's how the interview prep really helps people, sorting their experiences and giving the "right" story for the TMAAT questions. Our application is more of a screening process, to verify your credentials. Then the video interview is the main event. You'll be asked about FAA incidents/violations, check ride failures, any terminations. You'll be asked why you want to work here and how you think you'll fit in (research this!). Then the in person interview will be with a chief pilot and a line pilot or instructor. It's basically a get to know you session, basic questions. Be honest, and don't tell them what you think they want to hear. There may be a short sim evaluation on basic instrument flying skills and an approach briefing. No big deal for anyone who meets the hiring minimums.

I really don't think one of the prep companies will help you with this. in fact, I'm hearing they are falling out of favor with the legacy carriers too because the recruiters are tired of hearing the same boring canned answers. They often ask candidates outright if/where they prepped because they can tell. That's usually a pass over.
Thanks for the info, great help. How much weight is given to letters of rec, internal or external?