View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 06:01 AM
needmo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Default Fayette County Schools

"If you have kids, I suspect that you will be placing them in public schools. If so, then it`s East (or west) Cobb County, Cherokee County to the north or Peachtree City schools to the south. P.T. City is in Fayette County. DO NOT buy where you will have to put the kiddies in Fayette County schools."

Peachtree City Schools are Fayette County Schools. As a whole they are all good, but like any county you need to look at each schools statistics individually. There is lots of growth in Fayette right now, which means lots of movement of the student population by the School Board. Their actions don't always make sense either. There was a big shift in the Middle schools this year and the School Board is currently working on shifting as many as 2400 Elementary students for 2008-2009. So be careful when buying if you have a specific school in mind. I have lived here for 3 years now with elementary aged kids and so far, I am happy with the schools. Although to be fair..I have no other frame of reference since they have only gone to school here. Best of luck to you!