View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 05:43 PM
JonnyKnoxville
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009

So, I just got the inside scoop on Omni and it was just what I expected all along. This whole thread is a farce!

A lame tactic by Omni management to try to break the pilots...nice!

Hello Omni management:

I see you like to spend your days hanging out here, along with a few line guys that are anti-union (probably scabs) with multiple screen names, posting over and over about wanting to vote for a CBA, decertify, and blaming the union leaders as well as Atlas for your labor problems.

It must be fun sitting out in Tulsa in the middle of nowhere playing keyboard jockey. If you put half as much effort into learning how to become effective airline managers as you do trying to beat down labor costs to subsidize your management inadequacies, you might actually be excused for being as arrogant as you are.

Your airline sucks, it has always sucked and it will always suck with you and your team at the helm. Your management team is the laughing stock of the industry.

To the actual line pilots of Omni:

We all support you 100% and we sympathize with your unfortunate position in having to deal with the airline management rejects of the industry.

Let me tell you what your managers, unsurprisingly, can't figure out. The go-to solution to their inability to manage has always been to beat down labor costs. The labor cost advantage has been able to mask their inadequacies throughout the history of Omni. Guess what? Those days are over. Like it or not, the supply/demand equation has changed in a drastic way. Pilots are a commodity with pricing power that is rapidly getting stronger and less elastic every day. They could win this battle but ultimately they lose the war and that is a fact. Beat down labor again, sign another substandard CBA. Okay, no pilots will come to Omni. They shrink until they are out of business.

You guys must achieve a competitive contract or your company is done. Anyone in business knows, you evolve or you die. Unfortunately, you can't count on your managers to evolve. You will have to push them, kicking and screaming, to change just for your own survival. Their time of reckoning is fast approaching and they will no longer be able to hide their lack of skill by exploiting yours.