Thread: Planesense
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 04:13 AM
MaxMar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by JMO127 View Post
Direct entry is 2000 I believe. If you come in as an FO, I would probably guess around the 3 to 6 month mark as you'll need the 1500 for 135 PIC mins. Safely, I would say 6 months. Could be as quick as 3. Maybe more. There are several things you'll need to do before you're put in a class; Eval's and such. You could do it though. It takes a decent amount of time to learn the company and the ways it works and getting used to the way things are done. IOE will take some time and then getting you on line. The flying is relatively straight forward. I would however recommend going through winter months or upgrading during the winter months because of the cold weather ops. Depending on where you're from and your level of cold weather experience. They recently held an upgrade due to lack of winter experience.

As far as class dates, HR has nothing to do with that. That comes from training. They give them the class dates up to a certain point and they fill them. I would send an email to your contact in HR and ask to be forwarded to the training department. I'd post an email here but I don't think thats quite right. Sorry.
This is all great info! Thank you!