Old 01-23-2018, 04:26 AM
Pedro4President
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Welcome. I flew with a couple RTP guys recently and both said the training out at coast just took too long and had way too much down time. Im sure there is an RTP tread out there that has more information than I can give you.

Getting out of ORD or NY isn't going to be that bad. We just had a vacancy for 65 FO spots in DFW that will get transferee about 15-20 per month for the next few months. With that happening it looks like guys that are about to hold a line will be on property just under a year in DFW. When talking about base transfers and everything it really depends on how many people above you wants DFW. There are massive amounts of movement right now but I'd say you would likely be up north for 2-5 months before you get to go south.

Forced upgrades- I don't see that happening to you. You have 900 pilots hired in 2017 so by the time they get 1000 hours plus the other high time FOs upgrading off the bat I don't expect this to continue. (Very little confidence in this statement. It's too far out and I'm just guessing.)

QOL. Live in base. Live in base. Live in base. If you live in base and being at home is what you prefer then I'd say keep an eye on the reserve list. Reserve is one of the best ways for a junior line holder to have more time at home. Reserve needs to be staffed appropriately for this to happen.