View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 06:53 AM
StarClipper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Two Wheeler FrontSeat

Originally Posted by FDXpilot View Post
I come from a carrier that had PBS, and can’t stress enough how BAD PBS is from pilot stand point. It would be detrimental to our quality of life here at FedEx! It is only a tool for management to increase utilization.

PBS is so wrong in so many ways as you described in your post, plus many other reasons. It’s bad when even the #1 pilot on the seniority list can’t hold their first choice, due to pilots junior to them only being able to hold the trips the #1 pilot wants, because of vacation and training. I know it’s hard to understand, but the computer doesn’t care about your seniority if the trip you want will only fit in a junior pilots schedule. It negates any seniority to fill everyone’s schedule as efficiently as possible.

The PBS system is just a computer algorithm that tries to fill the seats. The system is programmed by the company for the company. No matter any transparency, or control you think you might have, the company pays for and will run the program. Transparency only allows you to see how bad you are getting screwed, and just makes you more frustrated.

There is a huge learning curve on how to use PBS and many months to years of bad bidding going on before you even start to scratch the surface of all the “options” that you can ask for. You can very easily screw yourself.

I was SO happy to come to a carrier that didn’t have PBS.
I implore all FedEx pilots to say NO! to PBS!
And say NO to that proposed VB Plan