View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 04:32 PM
Ray Kinsella
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

I’ve been at 4 different domiciles and 5 types at UPS. I’ve been an FO and Capt. I’ve lived in base and commuted.

1. Anyone calling our lifestyle toxic is engaging in hyperbole. Our pilots are happy. UPS corporate culture is to reward you with pay and benefits. You won’t get your bags carried for you here though.

2. FedEx pilots love to bash UPS because it makes them feel better about themselves. Their union sucks and they have cost both pilot groups a lot of money. Our facilities are new at the hubs.

3. Management pilots are non union and that truly sucks. I’ve never had issues and they can only fly by displacing union pilots under nearly all non-peak scenarios.

Screw ALPA and screw any FDX guy who thinks he knows anything about current work culture. The furlough sucked but our guys came back to the best contract in the industry. Nobody took a mandatory pay cut at Ups like FedEx did. Both are great jobs, no doubt, but I would choose the IPA 100 out of 100. But if you want to go fly a 757 to the same cities in the same schedule for 70% of the pay go to FedEx.