View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 07:13 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

I would say that claiming, "FedEx pilots love to bash UPS because it makes them feel better about themselves", is pilot bashing. And untrue. I think we feel a large amount of camaraderie with UPS pilots.

As far as, "Screw ALPA and screw any FDX guy who thinks he knows anything about current work culture. The furlough sucked but our guys came back to the best contract in the industry. Nobody took a mandatory pay cut at Ups like FedEx did." The "mandatory pay cut" that is being referenced must be the cut in hours that some pilots on certain aircraft had during the economic downturn so junior pilots would not be furloughed. I would have preferred that the cut in hours to be implemented across the board, but I would do it again in a heartbeat to avoid people being furloughed. I have been furloughed at a major before, and it sucks.

As far as the management pilots, well, IPA may be an amazing union, but allowing that to happen....particularly hiring management pilots while others were being furloughed, would be pretty hard to forgive. Pretty easy to say it's no big deal because they came back to a great contract, when you aren't the one who was furloughed.