Old 01-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Qotsaautopilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
I just read our scope section. It is practically a joke concerning codeshare. I’d like to think that ANYTHING would be better. We shall see..... Lots of holes need to be plugged, Quagmire jokes aside...
I’m glad you read it but why now? Where have you been the last three years? Contract isn’t worth the paper it’s on if your job can be outsourced.

No furlough means you won’t lose your job now but all growth can be outsourced until they shrink the current list out of existence through retirements slowly. That will obviously take forever but every future negotiation will be drug out forever as we lose more and more leverage because we are whipsawed against the outsourcing.

I’m not saying this will happen but it can and we need to nip it now. The argument will be that there is no money to be made in codesharing. If that is so why do airlines do it? And if there is no money then why not give us southwest scope for free. And if there is money we need comprehensive restrictions that protect our growth and future while also sharing in the wealth (profit sharing).

Last edited by Qotsaautopilot; 01-23-2018 at 10:06 PM.