View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 05:54 AM
drinksonme
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012

Originally Posted by Clint View Post
It costs in G time.
Ex: my last day is MIA-DFW (3:10), DFW-SAT (1:00), SAT-DFW (1:00). That’s a hard time 5:10 trip valued at exactly the current average day value. In your proposal if I sold the turn to somebody else, I would be owed 2:00 G time and whoever picked up the trip would be owed 3:10. The company’s cost for that day just doubled.

I think it’s a great idea but, FOS limitations aside, the only way the company would buy off on this if if G time (and sit time between the split portions) was exempted.

Same for DH - great idea, as long as the pilot giving up the DH retains sequence credit and isn’t using an alternate DH.
Straight pay, no rigs. That’s how it was at my previous airline. It’s not perfect for the pilots either, and thus why it’s no loss for the company to have this option for us. I drop say a 4 hour turn on the last day, I obviously lose that 4 hours and the pilot picking up grabs 4 hours.....

Now with unbelievable greed I see at AA I am sure most pilots won’t help out the other and will go straight for MU only, but, there’s a chance other pilots can help each other out at least.