Old 01-27-2018, 11:54 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by HwkrPlt View Post
As with most americans, I have a facebook page. From time to time I'll post something that perhaps not everyone agrees with, or is in perhaps bad taste. I was told by someone that I should delete anything and everything that might "offend" someone because the airlines will look for you on social media, and "offensive" stuff might ruin your chances. I've never posted anything I really think is offensive, but there are some political posts, and perhaps some off color items shared (Like a Sam Kinison video of his stand up).

First, what exactly are they looking for? How deep of a dive do they actually take? Has anyone ever heard of someone not getting hired due to their social media shenanigans?

Next, does deleting ones facebook also delete everything I've ever posted on FB? Any other suggestions?

Tnx
I know of several cases where airlines chose not to hire folks after diving into their social media profiles.

Good place to start...

Avoid inflamitory posts on public groups... especially any aviation related (the airline recruiters are tuned into those).

Don’t wank about airlines on your own page.

Avoid racially and politically charged posts as well as posts that could be interpreted as disperaging to women and the LGBTQ+ communities... especially when applying to companies with known affinities towards specific communities (there’s a list of NGPA, OBAP and WAI Airline attendees published yearly).