Old 01-27-2018, 01:15 PM
tinman1
sippin' dat koolaid

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: gear slinger

Honestly I wouldn't even bother with Facebook anymore. The only useful aspect for a traveling airline pilot is using the check in feature on longer overnights to see if any friends/colleagues chime in nearby.

Several years ago (like 10) in college, Facebook used to be this amazing place to share all of your experiences of drunken debauchery and other weekend tomfoolery in a somewhat private environment that wasn't taken too seriously. But those days are long gone. Over the years it went public and has devolved into a wasteland of click bait time wasting crap, odd political/philosophical posts from acquaintances you don't really care to know on that level, and people trying to desperately sell ridiculous makeup/skin products. The only reason I still have one is to validate my bumble account.

To the OP: I would change my name to not reflect my full name and make everything private as you can. If for some crazy reason an airline asked about it during an interview I would just tell them I occasionally check it to keep up with family pictures and funny animal memes.