Thread: TSA merger
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 02:39 PM
Rotor2prop
ALL Days Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by gojo View Post
I disagree with you. Look at what’s happening with the Delta side of Expressjet. They are transferring aircraft only. I believe the pilots only go with the planes via a acquisition or merger. Why would Delta do that if the contract term is about to expire? Doesn’t make sense. It’s already evident in the regional industry that pilots will go where there is quick upgrades and growth. Endeavor’s contract will help too. Why would they want to mess with seniority integration and fences? And I for sure don’t see them messing with certificates that have more than one mainline partner on it
I think Delta knew exactly what would happen with Expressjet. It appears that the vast majority of EDV classes are filled into summer with CRJ pilots from Expressjet. They knew it would happen when they established bases where the all the Expressjet flying was lost. All of TSH contracts are not about to expire. I don’t think full list integration will happen. Maybe Compass but I think GoJet certificate will basically disappear as the aircraft are transferred. Once announced pilots will flee like mad just like what happened at Expressjet for the most part. The actual TSA operation is the wildcard that no one knows but I figure it will continue as usual for now. Delta may be primarily funding it but it appears that AA and Delta are becoming business friends. It was just announced that they have partnered with each other to cross book passengers to get them home during weather events or airport closures.

Of course I’m just guessing so pretty much anyone’s opinion could be the right answer. I think it’s safe to say that this appears to be the beginnings of the great regional consolidation of 2018.