View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 03:25 PM
qqwqe
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Exclamation Newbie pilot concerns

Hi all,
I am a newbie and before enrolling a training school, I have a couple of questions to inquiry. If you can help me out, I will appreciate.

1, is there any occupation illness to be a pilot ? such as hearing disorder, prolepsesof lumbar intervertebral disc and insomnia.

2, I read heaps of news say there is big shortage of pilots. However, I checked the BLS website and The Truth About the Profession, both of these two websites show me that there is not a shortage in pilot field. What is the reality as to the pilot job market ?

3, I know a girl who graduated from ATP Flight School 9-month fast track program (and finished 1500 flight hours) told me that she got 50 dollars / hour as a co-pilot in USA, interestingly based on the writer of The Truth About the Profession, an entry level pilot who just got 1500 flight hours tends to got very low salary, e.g. regional airline co-pilot salary 20k-40k, and major airline co-pilot 50k-60k. Honestly salary is important for me, and the training fee is very expensive. What is the realistic salary range for a entry level co-pilot ?