View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 09:23 PM
WhatajokeSPA
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
Yeah, don’t sweat the guy who started the thread in the first with the purpose of unity...regardless, if my opinion is the minority then the vote will take care of itself. That’s the beauty of the whole thing. I will live with whatever is decided.

But I definitely ain’t gonna say to you, Indigo, myself or anyone else “Yeah, I understand. I fly the same planes on the same routes as dudes paid almost twice as much but I should not strive to get as close to their compensation, just cuz. I’ll forget that just a few years ago this company paid pilots the most in the industry but that was the good ol days. We got a new owner now and that means I gotta accept less, cuz they said so and we’re jerks during negotiations.”

Do you see how ridiculous that sounds? To accept less than ANY one else doing the same job just because the owner who just bought the company is stingy? Do you think if Indigo bought Delta or Jet Blue or even Allegiant that ANY of those pilots should shrug, start feeling sorry for themselves and accept concessions because of the new owners being in place?

In these financial times and in this air travel environment, accepting LESS is accepting further (just slightly better) concessions!!!!! The one thing I can say about NK is that they got told what the best they would get is. They stepped on their own penises to get told that, but at least they held out that long. We’ve been in negotiations for half a minute and already guys are talking about taking less...

Well, I want an industry leading CONTRACT or as close as we can get. Is that gonna mean Delta wages, SW scope, NK drop rules/trade rules, greater vacation slides, 20% no match retirement, etc? Of course not. But something approaching all of those (read that as IMPROVEMENTS in every area of the contract- some more significant than others) is certainly expected. I don’t expect to give up some thing in one area just to improve another - we were working under concessions and that time is over.

I guess being ex-military has me thinking differently. Perhaps you see that as radical or too lofty. That’s just me. I will forever strive to walk as tall as possible and if that means I get cut off at the ankles, then so be it. But I will NEVER voluntarily walk on my knees.

Guys he knows the NK TA is a turd and is just trying to justify his yes vote so he can sleep at night!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk