View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 09:42 AM
Sliceback
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Window seat

You’ll never get tacked for an X month deployment. Your days off are exactly that - O.F.F. Ask an FO they had to talk with their supervisor - “uh, what you talking about?!?!” As a Captain the last time I was called by my CP was maybe 15-25 yrs ago? It just doesn’t happen for 97-99% I’d tje guys. Do your job and go home. Done.

You’ll have to commute for at least 1-2 yrs, and maybe you’re entire career, but guys have chosen that option for decades. Some commute because they get to live in their home town, amongst their extended families, forever. But commuting isn't free. It eats into your time off, but if momma is happy...

And if you can’t get a major job before your DOS get a regional job. $50-60K with bonuses but your objective is to bail before you qualify for all the bonuses. Don’t do an ISR job. Go get 121 qualified. Start learning the new environment.

Lead turn is easily 6-10 months to get hired. APC has a stick thread about lead turning the transition. From first contact with pilot recruitment to training start is 3-6 months. So if you want to start at a major in May you need to be contacted now.

Good luck.