Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 08:04 PM
Flaps8posrate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by ForthFlyer View Post
Yeah, you picked a great time to apply and get hired at Boutique, but not sure it's the best time to work there. Apparently the DEC and JAN new hire classes were very large, maybe the largest ever. They are on a hiring binge, not due to any expansion, but to record turnover. Now that you are hired, ask scheduling for the last three month schedules for Denver and DFW. Curious to know just how many have departed. Lots of pilots were breaking contracts.
Hey FF,
Who knows... plenty of drama, no matter if you look - UAL XJet YV or G7.

Yes, sounds like BTQ has turnover. One man’s trash, is another man’s gold. With people leaving, the churn creates opportunities, whether it is to move up in seniority or move into other positions.
At G7, the math says that if you are hired Jan 1, you will be more than halfway up the seniority list by Jan 1 of the following year. Go to DTW or ORD and fly you ba*ls off, but if you go to DEN, you will fly 20-30 hrs per month and maybe need to be sent elsewhere to get enough hours to consolidate. If you go to Envoy and get DFW you’ll sit reserve and fly about the same amount. Whadda you want? Fly? Sit?

Every one of these outfits have contracts. Envoy’s is work two years or pay back the 22,500 they paid you the first day of indoc. Mesa is one year and they pay the second half at the end of the year. G7 is 1 year, unless they change it again.
If somebody spends it, they’re stuck until they pay it off or borrow the money.
A contract is a contract.

At BTQ CA pay is over $60 per hour! $60+ per hour! Da*m sight better than first year FO pay (or second or third year) at a regional.

Back to your point-
Who cares why people leave?
Who cares why they ***** and whine. Or, is it that they wine first and then *****??

I’m like Alfred E. Neuman, who said “What, me worry?” As, it’s all good, regardless...

Someone is either part of the problem or part of the solution.
If they don’t like where they work, then shut the **** up and leave. If they like it, stay and make it a better place.

Pretty simple to me.
Same thing goes for me, too, as if I’m not happy somewhere, I’ll leave, you bet. But, I would pay whatever I owed, because a contract is a contract.

I like being happy. Hope you do, too!