Old 10-23-2007, 12:34 PM
JetJock16
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: SkyWest Capt.

Originally Posted by reelbigchair View Post
No where in any post did I say SkyWest pilots were any more unified than any ALPA group. The Bro guys got skrewed, the only consolation is that it looks like the majority of our Bro's are being replaced with jets and it looks like (fingers crossed) that it won't result in any domicile closings.
That's good! Justice has been served now that our Bro brethren can transition to the RJ 2-4 years after that fact. Those transitioning will more than likely be Jr Bro pilots. That also being said, we are only parking 18 Bros with 40+ remaining on line in some form or fashion. Who knows when they will be parked but it’ll be years from now. So, will it be justice for them when they transition? 6+ years (from our Yes vote on the Pay proposal) working with no increase in pay, a decrease in QOL due to a/c parking and a lack of support from their RJ brethren; seeing they got theirs.

Personally, that makes me sick. No offense.

IMO, if our Bro brethren get nothing than we all should get nothing; but that's unity and SKW has none. Now that the RJ boys voted yes; the only thing our Bro brethren can look forward to is going to the RJ for decreased QOL or 4+ years of the same BS pay, low QOL with no COLA.

I flew the Bro back in the day so I'm sympathetic to their cause, although that shouldn’t matter, but that’s just me showing unity. Boy it's a lonely place around here for us attemptimg to stick together. Just wish someone would get the knife out of my back.

Just calling it like I see it.

Yes, I voted Yes for ALPA for many legitimate reasons. But the pi$$ off pilot in me wants it to pass just so those who left the Bro boys out will have to pay 2%. That will be a 1% net loss after the BS pay increase we took last year. I’d pay 2% just to see their faces. You might say that's not showing unity? But that would be Hypocritical!

I'm not saying you are one of "those SKW pilots," after all I don't know you.

Last edited by JetJock16; 10-23-2007 at 01:31 PM.