View Single Post
Old 07-29-2005, 03:31 PM
HuronPlt

Default Some direction?...Anyone?

Wow! First off, let me say “Thanks” for running such a great site. Been lurking around for a few weeks reading your stuff and the wealth of knowledge and experience here is amazing. But enough a$$ kissin! On to my exploitation of said knowledge and experience!
Quick CV: Navy (sort of)Helo guy, 1900TT(helo+FW), 1000FWME (C-12/B200), 500Pic (also C-12), ATP, 1st Class.
Papers are in, gettin out this Dec.
All very nice, but well short of Majors Mins. With that being the goal, my question is this:

Would I better serve my goal going for a regional FO slot, flying a nifty new RJ with all the glass goodies in the Pt 121 world for a year (or 2!) plus before upgrading and again starting to build Pt1 PIC time, or…finding a job flying another King Air (or similar) flying pax, cargo, whatever, where I could slide into the left seat relatively quickly and run up my PIC time?
Basically, in a few years (and the fewer the better!), when I start knockin on the doors to FedEx, UPS, CAL, SW, JB, etc., ad nauseum, with 3500-4000TT, 1000-2000PIC, is it going to matter which one I came from?
This is the situation facing me and several of my buddies. We’ve spent countless hours yappin about this (when we probably should of been paying attention to what we were doing!…”Woops. Guess we need to descend!” ...“Was that for us?”) but lack the outside world experience to have any meaningful insight into what would truly be better and faster.
And so…I submit this to The Board for cogitation, rumination, or dismissal as drivel!

I look forward to contributing to the site. That is, if anyone really wants to know about flyin around off pirate filled tin-cans and flyin brass and trash around the “taint” (we’re not quite the a$$, but we’re real close!) of the world!
Thanks again in advance.
AJ