Old 02-01-2018, 07:08 AM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by pilot1994 View Post
Hi guys,

I will be finishing UPT in May and then return to my guard base to get acquainted on my plane afterwards and then probably do a deployment shortly after. The deployments currently for my unit are max 60 days. When I return I will be about 150 hours short of the hours required to apply to a regional airline (ultimate goal is to go commercial route). Do you all have any suggestions for my best course of action to get those hours? Should I just try and do another deployment as soon as I can to knock the rest of those hours out? Would it be worth while to get my instructors license? Thanks so much in advance.
Not sure where you live but Piedmont Airlines has a Military Transition Program that has been used for “fixed wing top off” to get low hours military fixed wing pilots upto R-ATP mins. Company pays upto $23k to get you the hours you need.

I’ve got a Navy hornet buddy who needed 200hrs or so and that got taken care of by the company. He just showed up and flew about 8hrs a day at the Partner school. Your 150 shouldn’t be a problem.

PM me Id you’d like and I can see if I can get you in touch with him if you’d like a first hand account of the process.