View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 03:54 AM
CaptCoolHand
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Left,Right, Left, Right,Right,Left, Right, Left

I’m not arguing against the numbers. Everyone knows why you’d go to DAL. if they had called me 5-10 yrs ago I’d have been gone like a fart in the wind. I made my own spreadsheets and in 2012-13 being hired by DAL would have made me an extra 2-4million over 30years.

The point is only that we are not stagnated. We just will not move as fast as others. You’re going to move up 3-5% a year. We need roughly 14 guys per plane. And that comes out to about the numbers above. We lost a very small number of guys last year. I truly wish guys had been able to run to AA DAL UAL FEDEX ect. But like me it’s not as easy as one thinks to just “go”.
Never had a DUI either. One training failure in 20yrs good aviation degree with decent gpa... sometimes the call never comes.

So having been here 10years finally getting to the left seat in a drivable base I’m not leaving. I’m here for the fight.
#ContractAboveAll
#supportjetbluepilots
#stoodwith700strong

Originally Posted by ALT SEL ooops View Post
A very senior captain, will not mention names, developed a great spread sheet on the numbers. Hired today at Delta, you would be 50 percent up the total list. This was done just off retirement numbers alone! No additional aircraft.

At Jetblue, with our orders and retirement numbers you cant even come close to comparing the difference. I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would come here unless they have a bunch of failures or a DUI. Im sure some juicer on here will say our culture(barf).

Sir as to your numbers, we are only growing at an average of 150 pilots per year. The rest of it is for attrition. I wonder why...

Last edited by CaptCoolHand; 02-02-2018 at 04:05 AM.