Old 02-02-2018, 05:33 PM
freakwentflyin
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: Hawker 800 Captain 135

Originally Posted by highfarfast View Post
I believe Envoy’s HVA bonus is for prior 121 only. However, I do think your prior 135 would count for upgrade purposes (without going and looking up the reg). If you came to Envoy, expect to be in LGA on reserve for a very long time. Not because you couldn’t hold DFW as an FO on a near vacancy bid, but because you’ll be forced to upgrade on a near displacement bid. I’ve been hear over a year and would be quite senior to you when looking at all the hires between when I was hired and now and I can’t hold DFW CA right now myself.

Edit: I’m curious as to what someone like you expect to gain by coming to Envoy right now.
Thank you for the feedback (and everyone else who gave feedback too). That was quality info and sorta what I'm starting to figure out is that a forced upgrade really isn't beneficial for me if I'm not interested in LGA.

As far as what I expect to gain, here's where I stand. I have about 4200TT, 3000 PIC, 1000 Jet PIC, 2900 Multi. I've had my apps in at the 4 big guys (AAL, Delta, UAL, SWA) and I'm not getting any bites. I'm going to start going to more recruitment events soon. In the meantime I'm trying to find specific airlines that can gain me 121 experience. I currently work in the midwest and reside reasonable driving distance to ORD, but my wife is going to be getting a promotion/transfer to Austin, TX. My goal is to find an airline that I can hold reserve/line in east Texas (DFW, HOU). In other words, an easy commute. I have places to crash in both those cities for free if I am short call reserve. AKA, if I'm going to take a significant pay cut, I don't want to add living expenses to the bill. I do, however value QOL almost over pay so the long commuting not getting paid is a detractor for me if it's long term. I certainly don't mind paying my dues if I must, but I'm just trying to be well informed.

My ultimate goal has always been AAL as I'm from Charlotte and will eventually want to move back there (I'd like to do that within a decade). I've considered PSA too, but it's almost the same deal as Envoy it seams, or close enough to it being another wholly owned.

Spirit also seems to be a potential fit too with holding DFW, but they are in the middle of their TA negotiations too. I'd like to see how that pans out.

FYI, my timeframe for making the jump to 121 is this summer. I'm just trying to come up with the best plan of action I should take.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'm new to APC and it's chock full of great info, good and bad!