View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 01:46 PM
ready2copy
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2018

For the interview you get a discount at the hotels they give you info for. I think my room was $60 after the discount. It would have been nice for them to pay for it, but I’m not that stressed out about it.

I’m in DEN right now going through training. The double occupancy during training isn't that bad over here. The hotel is nice, they cook you dinner a few times a week, breakfast every day, the rooms are clean and spacious. It’s almost like a small apartment. There is a living room and 2 separate bedrooms each with their own bathrooms. I enjoy having someone around to bounce questions off of.

The chief pilot came and talked to us a few days ago. He said he couldn’t say anything other than “we are very competitive and we tend to follow the competition”, hinting at the 175 going to ATL and even LGA. Who knows, I don’t really care for the east coast.

I also interviewed at Envoy. Envoys whole process was a mess. The people weren’t friendly, they were unorganized, the interview was a joke. I was there from 8-4pm and was only with the recruiters for maybe 25mins. At one point they left and we didn’t see one for an hour and a half...but they paid for everything.

SkyWest interview was much more in depth. I spent a lot of time studying and didn’t have any problems but the tech portion went into some detail. Very organized experience, the people were great, we had pilots coming by to introduce themselves almost every 10 minutes. I felt much more at home during the skw process, hence why I accepted this job offer and turned down 23k in bonuses from Envoy. Ouch.

Anyways, message me if you have any questions about the interview process. I have some good gouges.