Old 02-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Patches
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I’m worried about the potential variable benefit retirement plan and how we always seem to be playing checkers when the company is playing chess. Retirement is too important for this loose language problem we always seem to have.

If the variable benefit retirement numbers don’t have a 130k floor, don’t harm any of the pilot group—especially the middle years pilots as I hear are the least benefitted, and have spectacular upside numbers, I just can’t get over the risk we will assume and the gamesmanship the company will do with our language to save $$.

I’m very, very leery of the train that seems to be rolling right along. I’m willing to be educated further and look at numbers, but I’m worried we are potentially getting played.
Raptor - I share you sentiments exactly. Why the sell job? Why negotiate outside of normal contract talks? Who wins....who loses?

We may need a very aggressive campaign to combat this effort, and as a minimum, allow those of us that are unsure to continue in the existing plan.

MEC - Thanks for your "help", but no thanks. I made my retirement decision when I was hired and will be just fine without your assistance. Stop helping......because your killing me.