Thread: New Contract?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 04:33 PM
BizJet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by FlyyGuyy View Post
most of our pilots act like 5 year olds. they don't understand the law. they don't understand how anything works from negotiations or union bylaws. they don't know how to look ANYTHING up in our contract. they don't put forth any effort to learn anything about the union, the law or how it works, so unfortunately the union has to treat us all like morons.

we need as a collective group to learn the way things work and behave appropriately. then we as a collective group can be treated like adults. and maybe we might stand a chance at understanding why a LOA might read or look the way it does.
We did have someone seriously ask would the Union protect them if they blackmailed the company and went to the media about XYZ topic. I'll give the online group a few more months before it screws us over. We almost had it in NOV when someone threatened to do harm against the company.

I've had a CP tell me to my face we're the most unprofessional childish group of pilots he has ever worked among. He had one guy call him at 1 am and screamed over the phone about the lack of hotel vans.

I've read the contract and understood most of it. Most of my questions are about the bizarre CCP/SDO formulas and the gray areas under some of the unknown MOU/LOAs.

It would help a lot if the Union actually taught the guys about the contract in INDOC. Instead, we got pizza and 30 minutes of BS about pilots vs the company,