Old 02-05-2018, 06:08 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by AC560 View Post
I hire people and I read your Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. I also check with people who know you. There is a lot of truth to the saying, it is who you know. If you don’t know anyone and you put dumb stuff on your Facebook, adios resume.

While I don’t hire airline pilots, I have taught more of you than I care to think about. Always excites me when people post a video of them violating some FAR on Facebook.

Don’t be stupid, good luck!
This. Why would you not do at least a cursory online search? Or for a few bucks pay someone to do a thorough search... there are few to zero legal protections, and an outsourced background check provider would know all the loopholes and hacks.

As others have said, in your online life avoid right-leaning politics, extremist politics of any sort, drugs, crime, reckless behavior, insensitivity to diversity, or any insensitivity of any sort.

That last is important, some airlines are trying to enhance customer experience and that starts with front-line employees. They (understandably) want pilots to present at a minimum the people skills and empathy of a receptionist at a high-end white-collar office.