View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 12:36 PM
motorboatin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by therapysession View Post
I honestly don't even know what this thread has turned into, but it has raised my blood pressure significantly. Mostly just due to grammatical errors (just take 1 min to proof read).

I see a lot of people posting, "..that Spirit contract is garbage" "if we get that it's a no for me." ect. Has anybody actually done any work or math?

These figures below are just based on pay at guarantee per month, and for that current seat.

Current Contract Pay: 401K@ 9%: Total per Month:

5 yr CA --- 9,817 --- 884.00 --- 10,700
6 yr CA --- 10,192 --- 917.00 --- 11,109
7 yr CA --- 10,555 --- 959.00 --- 11,505

New TA pay: DC

5 yr CA --- 14,544 --- 1,745 --- 16,289
6 yr CA --- 14,981 --- 1,947 --- 16,929
7 yr CA --- 15,518 --- 2,017 --- 17,535

Just based on that info alone Spirit is looking at anywhere between 55% and 70% increase over current contract based on seat (if you look at all the seats).

If anybody actually wants to do the work they can, but I'll give you the facts right here. If they vote no and then renegotiate for 2 years to just get 100% of what they asked for. The net loss = -145,744 for a 5 year capt over the course of 5 years. The 2 years it would take during negotiations, one would lose out on nearly 160,000. You can't make that up during the next 3 years with only a few dollar per hour increase over what the company proposed.

So in summary...... If Frontier were to get the Spirit contract with our current work rules it is an absolute yes vote for me. For them to get a 55% to 70% overall raise on a contract that is already better than ours then how could we not here? I understand they have PBS, but our company has not brought that up once, and cannot bring it up now.

Also for the people spounting "100% full retro or no vote for me". Please do your homework. No airline ever has gotten full retro. I'm not certain on this so maybe somebody can chime in, but the most retro an airline has gotten was Hawaiin, and that was only roughly 45%

Therapy session complete. Please do your homework, proof read, and try to stay positive. This sucks for all of us I know.
This is spot on. Why are so many of you getting your panties wadded up by the language related to Spirit’s work rules? You’ve obviously not been paying attention. The only relevant data from Spirit that crosses over to us is the economic piece. Spirit’s transition, PBS, reassignment, etc. are all their own and have no relevance to us. Now their $243/hr blended rate and DC agreements make a major impact on us because of how our business models align. Work rules will be different everywhere and it’s based upon the nuances of the individual operation. I talk to our NC frequently (and they tell me I’m one of the few regulars that do call them consistently) and they’ve tried to make these points clear in their comms. Most of our work rules have been negotiated, as they’ve explained in the newsletters, so I can’t understand why so many people are reacting to the Spirit language like it’s ours!! Use your god-given heads and don’t react!! Think about the nonsense you’re spewing and reach out to these guys. Remember folks...the Spirit deal is not ours! It only provides an economic framework that strengthens our position at the table, AND THE NMB GETS IT!