View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 12:49 PM
motorboatin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
So much more to an airline contract than pay rates. If the company can change rules in their favor wrt vacation, retirement, provide cheaper hotels and van services, have you pay all your medical insurance costs, control line building, etc., then they will be able to maximize their profits via scheduling while paying you a wage increase most of which they received in revenue from your increase in labor. 117 provides only so much protection.

Plus, the one thing everyone seems to forget is that these contract negotiations occur periodically - who knows what the economic and political climate will be like 5 years from now.

If there was EVER a time to get as much as possible, it’s now.
You’re correct in your statements about pay being only one component of the contract. What I don’t get is your slant that we’ll have to agree to what Spirit has in these other sections. Don’t you understand that the areas in which you are b!tching and griping have already been closed out. Reassignment is done, reserve is done, 117 is done, IROP is done, training is done, etc. And how the hell do even dream up something as ignorant as having to pay ALL your medical costs?? Do you really think that the negotiators are so fu#€’ing stupid to do something like that, moreover do think the MEC would then allow that to go to the pilots for a vote? The NC guys have said all along that the mediators would string the Co up by the short and curlys if they tried backing out of the already agreed upon sections- it’s not gonna happen so quit with the ridiculous theories and doom and gloom. And I don’t think anyone has forgotten the fact that negotiations only occur periodically. Why don’t you reach out to the reps and have an awakening experience. Please have a response that’s more original than calling me a troll. Thank you.