View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 08:07 PM
SFA320
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Pay for what you need. Cut the surcharge and then you socialize the costs of the policy equally to all enrollees. It’s not just a fee that “goes away” because dracir doesn’t like it. Those with kids and a working spouse pay more because they use more of the policy benefits. Get rid of the surcharge, then those without the additional needs help fund those that use more. It’s very simple, but I have a suspicion that you’d be very unhappy paying more every month for your so called brethren just to see the surcharge go away, unless of course you’re one of the guys that has a slew of kids. In that case I’d bet that you’d love to see your brethren pay more to support your family and your life choices.”

I was for the most part agreeing with you until the insurance portion of your rant. I have my “slew” of a whole 2 kids, 3rd is now on the way. So I guess that will make it an enormous multitude of kids. I will have to pay the surcharge in about 7.5 months. Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. Last I checked the guy paying for a family insurance plan is already “penalized” by paying more than 3x than the single guy is paying. Then you pay the surcharge to make it around 4x the amount. I mean come on, name one other company, airline or not that you personally know that does this. My friends that are pilots and non pilots look at me in utter disbelief when I explain to them the surcharge at F9. Here’s a brillant idea, no surcharges and the company pays all but 20-30% of the premium like almost every other airline that is out there. Earth shattering.