View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 07:14 AM
therapysession
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Mesabi View Post
I cannot BELIEVE I’m seeing a pilot try to rationalize the completely outrageous cost of F9 insurance. Premiums, surcharges, copays... everything is ASTRONOMICALLY higher than anything I’ve ever seen at any other company. Airline or not.

Bottom line is Indigo has weaseled their way out of paying anything they can avoid and passed ALL of those costs directly to the employees.

This should not be an argument about which pilot pays more to subsidize another pilot (but nice job trying to get us at each other’s throats, just like Indigo wants, rather than unified against those tyrannical oppressors). This should be about making indigo cover more of the cost and relieving their employees from the burden, like EVERY OTHER company out there.

I agree. Our healthcare is pretty crummy. Does anybody know what dollar amount extra it would take on a per hour basis for us to just say screw it and buy our own healthcare?

I don't know where that would equal out. If the company said we will give you ask, plus an extra 20 per hour but you pay health care. Is that a good deal?