View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 11:54 AM
HSLD
APC co-founder

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B777

I don't always agree with Skyhigh although he DOES provide a valuable service to those seeking a career as a commercial pilot. The industry IS NOT all roses and it's NOT easy. This is something that new pilots should know going in - there are no guarantees and the chance of failure is high. No matter how hard you work, you could be the victim of poor management that craters the company you work for.

While it might be easy to vilify Skyhigh as always being negative, I have seen a few positive and encouraging posts from him. My take is he's "been there and done that", worked hard did everything he could to further his professional career but got squeezed in the economic downturn coupled with "standard" airline management.

I'd suggest that every aspiring pilot read his posts and if you still have the stomach for it - jump in with both feet and never look back. In todays airline landscape if a prospective pilot has the potential to pilot a 747, they also have the potential to succesfully pursue many other career paths with a much higher chance of success.