View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 01:35 AM
motorboatin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
What you term as being reasonable is what i term as defeatist. Why do you think you’re more reasonable than me? Perhaps it’s your background or just your overall perception of your own value. I have no idea. But let’s be clear about MY perception of this company, my worth and what I feel is reasonable...

Indigo came in, bought a company in distress that was paying its labor well below market rates and cashed in. Let’s be clear here - the rates were concessionary rates and should never be confused with the words average or mediocre. We re the lowest paid Airbus pilots in America by wide margin. SW FOs make more than 15 year CAs here. Because of that, Indigo has been operating with a large profit for some time now. And, because of the business model, are primed to operate that way for MANY years to come. When the next 9/11 happens or gas prices go up, this company will be in a better position than most to weather those storms and continue operating. Therefore, the contract we’re negotiating now is for 2020 and beyond rates. You want to catch us up to 2016 . . . $245 will be well below the rates most other airlines will be making in the next 3-5 years. To catch up now means to be surpassed by the next airline shortly thereafter. This is NOT a foreign concept and is not only prevalent in airlines but also major sports figures, etc. The percentage of increase (45% or whatever) isn’t really that important to me - especially when you consider the increased percentage of profit the company has seen off our backs since they took over. I am worth every bit of at least the expected average rate of an Airbus pilot in a major US airline for 2020 and beyond. That rate should go up every year to reflect the increase of my worth. I’m not trying to hurt the company or get some massive and undeserved pay raise. I’ve EARNED it. Hell, you have too. And we’re not even talking about reparations . . . Just the amount that puts me at an average rate in 3-5 years after half the Airbus driving pilot unions renegotiate their contracts. I will never feel like just because I’m at the bottom now that I should take average now just to be at the bottom again. And remember, all this occurs and the company still makes money.

You call me unreasonable because you say I want/expect too much. I say you’re a defeatist because you expect too little.

Hopefully, we will both know soon enough, and despite what you think, every single pilot union contract ever put into place HAD to go through a vote. If more people vote for your “reasonable but less” one, I will live by it. Can you stand the pain if the masses want to try the market, possibly get released and fight for what you call “unreasonable but more?”
Great to see you’re still missing the point. What you fail to understand is that you’re not getting what you think you’re going to get. We will receive major improvements, but there won’t be a perfect fix for all shortcomings. Have fun holding your breath! The NMB nor anyone else gives a sh!t about what you think you’ve EARNED!!