Old 10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by TonyWilliams View Post

To my knowledge, no such direction has been sent to "shred the voting credentials" Perhaps poetic license on your behalf.

No poetic license at all.

Since you don't recall the conversation we had about that very topic last month, I'll include here a link to and some excerpts from that conversation (September 22-23, 2007):

SkyWest ALPA Vote Scheduled, Letter from Mgmnt

Originally Posted by JetJock16 View Post

To: SkyWest Airlines Pilots
Date: September 21, 2007

NMB VOTING PROCEDURES Q&A

Q. How do I vote against ALPA? A. By not voting (not calling) at all. There is no prompt to vote NO if you call the voting number. There are only prompts if you want to vote for ALPA or “write-in” someone else. To vote NO, don’t call the number at all! In fact, to eliminate any chance of someone else casting your vote (which would be against the law), shred your instructions and VIN and PIN when you get them.

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post

Originally Posted by JetJock16 View Post

... shred your instructions and VIN and PIN when you get them.

Why would management encourage a pilot to destroy his ability to vote?

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Why would management encourage a pilot to destroy his ability to vote?
We ALL know that virtually no management team wants to deal with a union ...

Does that refresh your memory?

Not poetic license, nonetheless poetic.

I'm guessing I'm one of the puppets of the company, since I have not, nor do I intend, to vote for ALPA.

I assumed that by using the metaphor "puppet" I would communicate reference to those persons or organizations that are controlled by The Company, who are doing The Company's bidding, and are serving as a mouthpiece (another metaphor, sorry) for The Company. Absent a grasp of the metaphorical use, the definition should suffice to covey the meaning: one whose acts are controlled by an outside force or influence.

I didn't consider you to be a puppet of The Company -- I was referring to a particular organization. But, if you're feeling the strings of The Company tugging at your arms, it might fit.

OK, I might sound like I'm getting a little personal, but I take great offense with your insinuation that I had taken license with the truth. Let's stick to the facts, shall we?