Thread: For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Airsupport , 10-24-2007 01:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Airsupport
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2007
  • Position
    CRJ
Quote: I've been in a union for the better part of two decades, so I'm familiar with that in general. Not very familiar with ALPA. I really want to work in an enviroment that doesn't have the never ending head butting contests.

Where exactly is this BBQ? I presume not on Skywest property !
Quote: I hope to be in the Feb 12 class... just interviewed on Thurday, Jan 18.
Tony no one says you are evil.. but don’t you find it a little interesting that you haven’t even been with the company a year and that you are now a sapa rep and can presumably represent the pilot group?? I know you think its great and all but seriously,, I have been at pinnacle for almost 2 years now and wouldn't presume that i had enough experience to represent this pilot group. New guys "at any airline" still have the kool-aid all around their lips. Its not bad, everyone is excited when they start their first airline job, or move to some other airline they feel is better. but i can see even among our ranks that some of the brand new pilots actually think that the company is trying to help us out by giving fo's a 8 dollar raise. hell i would think that too if i had just started here. but experience is a great teacher. i can see that if we took this pay raise that it my help me right now in my pocket book, but it will do nothing for what we are trying to accomplish.