View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Denny Crane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Kickin’ Back

Originally Posted by Baradium View Post
With the way TDYs are most companies are set up, they are usually very valuable compensation wise, so the guys who can't hold the base such as your friend there can't hold them anyway because they go to really senior line holders who could have held the base in the first place. I'm not telling you they wouldn't bid a TDY, I'm telling you that usually a TDY pays enough that those guys don't get to do them.
Frankly, it doesn't matter how other companies do it, it matters how it's set up at Delta. With that in mind..........

I question why a senior guy in one base would bid TDY to another base and now lose all that seniority and bid at the bottom of the TD base........It doesn't make sense. It only makes sense for a commuter or a guy who lives in the TD base but cannot hold it.

You are gonna have to explain to me how bidding a TD base, with the corresponding loss of seniority, pays any more than flying out of their permanent base and keeping their seniority. I just don't see how. Heck, maybe I will do it if I can get more pay........

Denny