View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 12:04 PM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER

"Here's a question for you:
Would you come work at Atlas if I could guarantee you getting hired straight into the captain's seat of a 747 and then making ten thousand dollars a month every month that you are here??
Answer honestly."

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
Yes... People would do that but that isn't reality. Even in your scenario, I'd do it, but as soon as UPS or FedEx called I'd leave because even that wouldn't be competitive. By the time you'd see that kind of money at Atlas you'd have already done severe damage to yourself financially.
And therein lies the problem!

Pilots coming into established jobs that would fly for less than the contractually published rates or even within sight of realistically appropriate rates. At what point would a self respecting pilot refuse to do a job? 747 captain for $100k a year? $80K a year? $60??

I understand the concept of using Atlas as a stepping stone, but there are a lot of pilots that are stuck there, for whatever reason, that are carrying that stone on their backs. The flow of the in-and-out crowd do nothing but support the company in their argument that Atlas pilots are adequately compensated.