Thread: CFI to UAL CPP
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Floyd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
So they are somehow inferior to you because they never went to the regionals? Get over yourself.

They got the hogan and passed it, they went to the interview and passed it, they met the specified minimums so they were hired.

It’s the way the world works. There is no such thing as entitled to a job, not everyone gets hired that’s life. I’ll see if I can dig up a participation trophy so peoples feelings don’t get hurt.

Every airline has interns that were hired with nothing. Getting ****ed about it is childish.
To say we are interviewing the most qualified is absurd. Who they interview and hire is their call. It becomes the Captain's problem when paired with someone with little to no experience.

The -900er is one of the most challenging and unforgiving jets we fly. A sterile simulator environment is one thing, a Chicago winter or a nighttime Expressway 31 visual with a 20-30 kt westerly is another.

Good luck to that Captain. He or she better plan the landings accordingly or have the presence to say I'm taking this leg.

An intern with a year or two of regional experience is far ahead of a CFI and there is no comparison.