Thread: CFI to UAL CPP
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:03 PM
MasterOfPuppets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: 787

Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
To say we are interviewing the most qualified is absurd. Who they interview and hire is their call. It becomes the Captain's problem when paired with someone with little to no experience.

The -900er is one of the most challenging and unforgiving jets we fly. A sterile simulator environment is one thing, a Chicago winter or a nighttime Expressway 31 visual with a 20-30 kt westerly is another.

Good luck to that Captain. He or she better plan the landings accordingly or have the presence to say I'm taking this leg.

An intern with a year or two of regional experience is far ahead of a CFI and there is no comparison.
Huh the regionals used to hire 250hr commercial pilots straight into CRJs and ERJs. They flew the expressway visual to 31 into LGA everyday.

What is the difference? I’ll tell you one difference, the CA at the regional was FAR less experienced than the UA Captain. I don’t get where the heartburn is? There are two options they pass the checkride and IOE or they don’t. To me it just looks like people are jealous.