View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 04:48 AM
Out West
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by Flyhayes View Post
TPA-IAD looks like it could be a tough commute.
There are only 3 available flights, but luckily they are on your mainline partner. However you have plenty of senior mainline people who commute on the route.
As an example today flight #1 is showing only 2 seats available with 7 people competing for them, #2 is showing -1 seats available with 4 people trying to get on. And #3 is showing -8 seats with 3 people trying to get on.

I make the MCO-IAD run and we normally have 4 direct flights a day, (3 in the low season). It would be difficult commuting had I not had the option to get on Jetblue going to DCA.

Speaking of which, there are 7 flights TPA-DCA on other carriers.
So it might be doable after all...
How in the world do you check availability like that?

I’m hopefully about to get started in the 121 world and will definitely commute. I do have 2 “local” airports but they’re far enough apart I’d have to commit to one on any given commute. (VPS primary and PNS as a backup.) I would have assumed ATL would be my goal for quickest commute and a drive option if absolutely required - but I’m not sure?

It’s been mentioned that there are usually open seats on the ATL-VPS trip, and multiple options per day. But I haven’t seen any info with the fidelity you mentioned above out of TPA.